Kirsten Pors graduated as a clinical laboratory technician from Bispebjerg Hospital in 1996 and has worked several years in the hospital and private sector as a clinical laboratory technician, specializing in: Immune histology, histology and cytology. In 2008 she completed her Master’s degree in Public Health, at the University of Copenhagen. Since 2011 she has been at Bispebjerg Frederiksberg Hospital Syncope Center/Coordinating Research Center. She has participated in every aspect of the departments self-initiated studies; from the idea stage, the design, the management of the study and finally analyzing and co-writing the articles. The autonomic nervous system and suspected side-effects to the HPV vaccination has been her primarily focus.
Kirsten is still working at the Syncope Clinic/Coordinating Research Center as a Research Coordinator responsible for study management, data analysis, good clinical practice (GCP), data collection, data processing, and applications to the local authorities and the Ethical Committee. Recently Kirsten got affiliated with MSU, the Parker Institute with the aim to prepare an evidence synthesis project, tentatively entitled ‘Benefits and harms associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in preadolescents and adolescents’ including different work packages.
Currently Kirsten is – via her MSU affiliation– finalizing a Statistical Analysis Plan and a protocol for the systematic review and meta-analysis concerning benefits and harms associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in adolescents and adult females.
- Semen quality is a predictor of subsequent morbidity. A Danish cohort study of 4,712 men with long-term follow-up. Latif T, Jensen TK, Mehlsen J, Holmboe SA, Brinth L, Pors K, Skouby SO, Jørgensen N, Lindahl-Jacobsen R. Am J Epidemiol 2017
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis a relevant diagnosis in patients with suspected side effects to human papilloma virus vaccine? Brinth L, Pors K, Hoppe AG, Badreldin I, Mehlsen J. Int J Vaccines Vaccin 2015,1(1): 00003
- Baroreflex sensitivity and autonomic nervous system function in carotid sinus hypersensitivity (2015)
Brinth L, Pors K, Theibel AC, Latif T, Kjær A, Mehlsen J. EC Cardiology 2.1 2015:50-59
- Suspected side effects to the quadrivalent human papilloma vaccine. Brinth L, Theibel AC, Pors K, Mehlsen J Dan Med J 2015, 62:A5064
- Orthostatic intolerance and postural tachycardia syndrome as suspected adverse effects of vaccination against human papilloma virus. Brinth LS, Pors K, Theibel AC, Mehlsen J. Vaccine 2015, 33:2602-2605
- Baroreflex sensitivity in relation to clinical characteristics in subject aged 40 to 80 years. Brinth L, Pors K, Latif T, Kjær A, Mehlsen J. J Hypertens, 2014 Volume 3 • Issue 3 • 1000152
- Carotid sinus syndrome and cardiovagal regulation in elderly patients with suspected syncope-related falls. Brinth L, Latif T, Pors K, Kjær A, Mehlsen J. Healthy Aging Research 2014.3:6. 1-9
- [Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome]. Brinth, L, Pors K, Mehlsen J..Ugeskr Laeger 2014 176: